12.02.2005

post # 2, i thought i was due

well, i don't have a lot to say, but figured i should probably post again. i keep feeling like i might write about the whole job thing, but i've decided that if you want to know badly enough, we can go have coffee and discuss it. i just can't write about it or even talk about it over the phone. i'm sorry if that sounds cold hearted or rude...but it's just one of those things i guess. it's weird for me to not want to share things or get them out. i'm usually an open book. oh well.

anyway, on top of that, i also have to report that i have a disease. it's not a rare disease. in fact, it is rather common among most of the population. it is generally referred to as the "i-can't-get-over-myself-and-all-i-think-about-is-me" syndrome. you know the one. the narcisistic, naval-watching disease that makes life for yourself and those around you completely miserable. sometimes i wonder how i do it. how do i manage to think about myself so much that i can't even go for 30 seconds without something selfish running though my mind? the low self-esteem, not good enough, feeling of inadequacy attitude that generally overides my thoughts is purely selfishness. i hate it. i hate it that i know the answers. i know the reasons why i shouldn't feel this way, and yet i still do. desperately i cry out to the Lord and beg for mercy. i beg for Him to remove me from myself long enough to see how truly great and majestic He is. to be forced to look away from my sinful self pity, and marvel at His greatness. what a wretched sinner i am. praise the Lord for His grace and mercy! praise Him for His lovingkindness and steadfast love! praise Him for He will not let me go!

"O Love that will not let me go, I rest my weary soul in thee!"